Existing Member?

The story so far...

Day 136 - Bogota

COLOMBIA | Monday, 20 October 2014 | Views [278]

Up and about early Becky and I ventured to try out this little cafe recommended for Chocolate Santafe (or chocolate completo) and tamales - La Puerta Falsa. We indulged in our chocolate, cheese bread, cheese and bread and tamales for breakfast con chocolate caliente and then needed to recline for a little while to digest. 

We said goodbye to our Aussie friends and then I decided to walk up Monserrate for the afternoon. It is around a 25000- 3000m climb which I convinced myself would be a great idea. Hangovers at altitude aren’t fun, neither are 3kms or so worth of steps and winding uphill pathways. That said, getting to the top of Monserrate and in fact the entire journey up was spectacular. It was clear enough for me to enjoy panoramic views of all of Bogota and the mountains to the other side. After walking back down the round trip only took me around 2 hours which wasn’t a bad effort.

I stopped by a little roadside stall for some fresh orange juice which unfortunately aggravated my ongoing stomach issues and sent me to bed for a couple of hours. I wasn’t alone in the dorm room - pretty much everyone was napping and attempting to recover from Friday’s fiesta in time for Saturday night.

Back up and about a group of us decided to venture out for a plate of Colombian BBQ for dinner. After a plate of every type of meat you could imagine and a few potatoes thrown in for good measure, we were all in FOMA mode and retreated to the hostel tv room to watch Zombieland. Perfect movie for how we all felt and such a cosy way to spend a rainy, cold saturday night. 

About kikkijayne


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Colombia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.