Existing Member?

The story so far...

Day 61 - Hopkins

BELIZE | Wednesday, 30 July 2014 | Views [236]

A lazy morning that comprised of a swim before breakfast & hammock time though to lunch.

Estelle & I just hung out by the beach with our dog friend, planning out a treasure hunt for her boyfriend in Mexico she was heading back to surprise. She had devised the best plan to get him to look for a series of clues, including diving for a book that would all eventually lead to her & a romantic picnic reunion. It was true genius & she got me to be her 'reality tester' while she finalised the plan. Great fun! I hope it works out for her.

After a 2 hour walk right to the end of the beach we headed for an afternoon beer & met a heap of new people that had checked into the hostel. All women, all different ages & nationalities & all really awesome. There was Astrid Darin the Netherlands, Alejandra from Dominican Republic, Dena from Washington, Estelle from France, a couple from Utah & me. We all headed to a local cantina type place for some tasty fare (beans & rice) and had such a great time.

Back at the hostel bar again we all sat around into the early hours swapping stories. We had an interesting chat with some local lads about gender equality too. Another great night with good company. I wish I could stay longer with this crew but I had to be up & on the bus before 7 to get to caye caulker. I have no doubt I will meet a heap of people there & Dena and I had loose plans to meet for a drink Friday when she gets in so that's a start ;)

 

 

About kikkijayne


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Belize

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.