Existing Member?

The story so far...

Day 60 - Hopkins

BELIZE | Wednesday, 30 July 2014 | Views [215]

I set out early to check out the beach & the town. It was already so hot and sticky.

Basically Hopkins is a couple of stretches of sand road that lead north & south with shack style houses, tiendas & guesthouse dotted throughout.

The beach was nowhere near what I had hoped for as I had imagined it to be like the white sands & emerald waters of the Caribbean beaches in Mexico. It was pretty dirty, murky, hurricane ravaged, deserted & not really a beach as such. That said, it was still a stretch of water dotted with palm trees & a few hammocks & I was keen to make the most of it.

I bought some tropical fruit & yoghurt for the next few days at the only veg stall in town & headed back for breakfast. All the crew I had met were leaving which was a shame so I headed to the beach for some hammock time. On my way I had this dog start flowing me. He stayed with me & just sat under my hammock all day, occasionally licking my shoulder to remind me he was still there. A great little companion.

After an attempted run (a pathetic effort) I met a really nice French girl, Estelle, back at the hostel & we decided to have a drink & grab some dinner together. We ended up at Tina's again & then out hostel roof for drinks with some locals.

 

About kikkijayne


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Belize

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.