Existing Member?

2011 Travel Photography Scholarship Kerri Deanto's trip to the Holy Land

2011 Travel Photography Scholarship

USA | Wednesday, 15 June 2011 | Views [462]

The greatest gift I have ever been given was the opportunity to be a guest in the great nation of Israel. I was accepted amongst other young Jewish adults for an all expense paid journey of discovering our roots, heritage, and history. The entire trip was a whirlwind of the senses: beautiful sights, enchanting sounds, delectable foods, and the touching of grounds where biblical figures had once stood. During the entire trip I felt unexpectedly safe and as though I belonged there. Ten days of life changing events from watching the sunset in the white city of Tel Aviv, learning about my religion in the old city of Jerusalem, climbing the mountain of Ein Avdat in the water filled desert, four wheeling in a jeep along the Syrian border at the Golan Heights, to enjoying the dreamlike views at the kibbutz in Tiberias. I never knew a place so small could have such a phenomenal impact on me; a plethora of culture, history, and spirituality.

I am an enthusiastic individual set out to earn a B.S. Degree in Criminal Justice. My outgoing personality and determination allow me to apply and expand my organizational, technical, and communication skills that will result in increased efficiencies in my life and career. I am very proud to be a recipient of an honor for excellent achievement from the president of Brevard Community College. My ability to overcome seemingly insurmountable issues resulting from being hit head-on by an inebriated driver combined with being a self-motivated quick learner are invaluable traits necessary for obtaining success oriented goals. Receipt of this scholarship will be greatly appreciated more than one can imagine. It will enhance my ability to help others avoid misguided pitfalls and to seek justice for those whose voices can not be heard.

Tags: israel, scholarship, travel photography scholarship 2011

About kdeanto


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.