Existing Member?

Kaylee and Bailey's Travel Book

G'Day Mate

AUSTRALIA | Saturday, 3 March 2012 | Views [279]

Over the summer of 2010, I spent time with a family in Melbourne Australia as a former exchange student. I had took a plane from Milwaukee to Melbourne. When I landed my "new family" picked me up and took me to their home to show me their way of life.

The first thing we did was unpack. They showed me the room that I was going to be staying in. It had pictures of the wild life in Australia and kangaroos jumping around. On the walls were life size paintings of kangaroos!

After we unpacked, we had dinner. The father was a hunter. So he went out hunting and brought back wombats and porcupines. Amazingly it tasted great!

Then they took me to see some famous attractions of Melbourne! My family took me to a store called Spellbox. Spellbox is a place like Hobby Lobby, it has many crafts to do.

The next day, my mother made a traditional Australian breakfast, eggs and bacon! It was delightful!

In the afternoon we played the national sport of cricket. I ended up winning. Then later my brother, my sister, and I went to a nearby forest and started to chase jumbo lizards. My brother caught one! It was so big that we killed it and ate it as a barbeque!

When it was time for bed I was surprised to see that it was only 5 AM! But back in America it is 9 PM!

The next day, my new family took me to church. It was very appealing inside because there were many lights around the walls and the top was pointed. The priest dressed the same as priests in America would too. 

When we left the church there was a lady riding her horse. Her horse got stuck in the quick sand and she selflessly took the chance and went in and saved her horse!

Tags: australia

 

About kayleeandbailey


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.