Existing Member?

A small segment from a big road trip.

Mid 20's life crisis

UNITED KINGDOM | Friday, 25 July 2014 | Views [368]

Im not sure about anyone else out there, but Im now at an age where I am expected to meet a man, get a 'proper' job and make a nest. Alot of kids I went to school with are now grown ups with bouncing babies and mortgages and I cant help but wonder if I am making the right decisions in life. Forget the mid-life crisis of old that people got in there mid 40's, in modern 21st century England I feel its all about the mid-20's life crisis.

I blame Facebook, and more importantly the Facebook stalk. Its a dangerous invention, an addiction. You can see everyone else slowly progress with there lives while you sit there on your sofa on a Friday night all alone wondering what happened with nobody but Ben and Jerry for company.

However, as deppressing as this may sound, I beleive I may, one day, have the last laugh. Maybe I SHOULD settle down. But I dont want too. Not now. Not when there is a whole world out there waiting for me to find it, oceans waiting for my toes to dip in, sand waiting for my footprints to tread, moutains waiting for me to clumsily drag myself up them. I have wings and they want to spread and be free.

Sadly this involves money. I have little money right now. My dull, disorganised waitressing job makes me sad. I have little time for social niceties. All work no play makes Katy a really rather quite bored little bunny. But thats the beauty of it. Im bored and penniless, without much to call a life, no spouce or mortgage. But in time when I have saved my pennies and got me some pounds I shall spread my wings and go do all that crazy stuff I want to do. And everyone else shall Facebook stalk me and see me on mountains and beaches and say to themselves 'ohhh'. And they shall wish they where me. The tables shall turn.

And that is a quintiesentually British and rather polite rant.

Tags: dreams, saving, spread your wings, travel, traveller, working

 

About katystubbs


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.