Existing Member?

Jypsie Shores Journal

Ditch the Itinerary - New York City

USA | Wednesday, 21 September 2011 | Views [268]

My first experience with travelling began when i was 19 years old. I Had never been anywhere apart from the West Coast of North America and decided that i was so interested in fashion i NEEDED to go to New York City. Realizing that if i made huge plans for weeks in advance i really would never get around to going, so i called up one of my best friends in the whole world who was currently residing in Virginia. Hannah was at the time going to school full time and was excited to hear that i was coming to visit her in a weeks time, what she did not realize was that i had a devious plan to get her to come up to New York with me for the weekend. 

 Within one week i was on a plane to the East Coast of North America for the first time. Hannah picked me up at the airport in a small town in Virginia. I waited a couple hours then propositioned her a trip up to New York. to my surprise she agreed with very little motivating, She would skip class on Friday (those who know me know i'm a bad influence) and we would head up Via greyhound. After 10 hours on the greyhound and a stop in Washington DC we were in New York City. I remember it so well, it was one a clock in the morning and our bus dropped us off right beneath times square. The first thing we saw when we walked out were bright city lights everywhere, like nothing i have ever seen before. Hannah later on told me that my eyes literally were popping out of my head the second i saw the city. I was in love with New York and still remain in love with it to this day. 

Here was the only problem though, our bus got to New York City at 1 in the morning and i assured Hannah that we would get a hotel no problem. Except for it was a problem, a huge problem, everything within our price range was booked up, we had nowhere to stay. We wandered aimlessly around the city to all hours and even came close to staying in Starbucks all night. Eventually 2 guys from California helped us in finding a extremely small room in the comfort Inn for a incredibly high price but we were content to have a bed so we paid the price. 

To this day that was one of my favorite trips i have ever been on. and i'm thankful that i had an easygoing friend who just came along despite my poor itinerary.

Thanks Hannah miss our crazy adventures together! 

-Jypsie Shore

About jypsie-shore


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.