Existing Member?

My Travels This is a day by day journal, so in the future I can look back and reflect on my experiences and those I have shared them with.

Morro de São Paulo

BRAZIL | Thursday, 23 April 2009 | Views [5430]

Spent the next few days on the beautiful island of Morro de São Paulo . Mostly on the beach, exploring the island, drinking caiprinhias, eating Moqueca, and frequenting the parties that were held every night

18 April......Went to an excellent club near the fort. Danced 'til the early hours. Despite the rain, and being out in the open air the partying never stopped.

19 April..... Went for a walk with Vyninka (Australian Olympic diver) and her father Bruce. Followed the beach round to Gamboa. Stopped for a body scrub in the local mud slide along the way! Really beautiful area away from the main centre of morro

20 April.....Beach, Morquca. Alcoholic Fruit Cocktails, Party.

21 April....Moved to a different hostel. The toilet situation in the previous one was becoming unbearable. Checked into The Black and White Hostel. Thought I was in Tel Aviv! The hostel was very much a focal point for those Israelies travelling after Military Service. A great hostel.

Went for a walk along the other beaches with Ron.  Ron´s good company but sometime in situations like these I would have prefered the opposite sex!

That evening, Some of the guys at the hostel made a vast amount of cha. We'd all (75 people) previously chipped in 2 reals 75 pence. It was a great night. The drinks never stopped flowing.

22 April....Rained all day. Stayed in and watched dvd´s.

23 April....The weather had really turned for the worse. Grabbed a little sun in between the showers...and..what a suprise another beach party.

About justin


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Brazil

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.