Existing Member?

There is not enough words to describe the feelings for traveling

the peace starts within us

GERMANY | Thursday, 24 April 2014 | Views [141] | Scholarship Entry

my story starts at first day of college, i heard about a club that is something about UN and debating and i thought that could be an extra interesting activity for me. so i tried to apply to my college MUN model but it was already too late, the chair of the club already closed the application and told me to wait for next year.
but i couldn't wait, international politic it's my major, it is running in my blood, my morning coffee which i wake up with everyday. so i decided to apply for the national MUN. gladly i was accepted immediately and had one of the experiences of my life that i will always remember.
i met in the conference lovely people from Germany and we stayed good friends to this very day. they told me about their mun model in the next year and convince me to come and visit them in Passau, Germany. i an easy-to-convince-person and in May the year after i flew to this MUN event.
this is were my story actually starts, this MUN event was a collaboration with Lahore uni of Pakistan, a country which my nation state is not a friend with, to say the least.
i was a bit afraid and anxious about this situation but didn't say a thing.
the event it self was on really bad weather, flood that remind me of Noah ark and i asked myself if god was mad about us, humans, again?
but the people were nice and pleasant, i talked with the Pakistanis and found myself a new friends from distance and maybe an enemy country.
the highlight of my story was one of the social events,we were taken to a night club and learned how to dance Bavaria original folk dance, with customs, uniform and all that related. afterwords we learned how to dance Pakistani folk dance, with customs, uniform and all. that moment i was so emotionally excited, so happy to be expose to so many different cultures and countries and i realized two impotent conclusions for me and for my future. the first one is that people is different then a nation, two nations can fight but the people want peace. moreover, peace starts within us. we shale love our neighbors as much as we love our self and we will reach a peace. the second one- is the notion that i truly love international relationship and that is my really future job.
that is the reason i will never forget the day i traveled to Germany.

Tags: 2014 Travel Writing Scholarship - Euro Roadtrip

About justatravelinggirl


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Germany

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.