Existing Member?

June's Journey

That African Girl

BOTSWANA | Thursday, 15 May 2014 | Views [300]

 

The first time i saw the clouds beneath me...was the first time i ever travelled in an airplane. December 2013. So many emotions raced up and down my petite body.. i was smiling, next thing im crying then the next im laughing alone, much to my 'neighbors' shock. Going to Australia ALONE via HONG KONG was a wonderful experience. i greeted everyone who met eyes with me and smiled at motionless objects. I looked forward to the turbulance of the aeroplane as i smiled when people worried. My arrival in Hong Kong was so blissful. The many smiles i recieved, the cool air and the different sounds, voices and LANGUAGES surrounding me were like a happiness bubble. Was that a moving train i saw within the airport? Ofcourse i jumped in. Gleeming with joy, bet i looked like a weirdo but i didnt really care as i was boiling with pleasure. There goes my boarding time... get to see the clouds beneath me again... oh wait.. its night time... i get to see the STARS in a whole new different angle. This was too exciting.. i experimented with the menu and had a nice drink as i stared into the darkness (with the permanent silly grin on my face ofcourse). By the time i reached Melbourne Airport my jawline was painful.. i remember taking regular naps but was i smiling during my sleep too? OH NO! I need to get myself together.. I dont want to be that African Girl that was kissing pavements upon arrival.. I needed to act as if 'this was my thing" u know..travelling. Hehe.. Oh wait.. is that Lily? My host? i dont know how i 'flew' through the queue and passed those many people landing into Lilys arms...That African girl tendency just applied... OOPS! Through out my TRIP IN Aussie.. i got to swim in the beach in Torquay, see the Koalas and Kangaroos in Healesville and try out the Aussie treats and wine of Yarra Valley. That African Girl was welcomed. And couldnt wipe off that smile from her face up until the day she set foot back in African sand. Im that African Girl that loves the world and its beautiful people...

 

About juneseisa


Follow Me

Where I've been

Highlights

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Botswana

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.