Existing Member?

All aboard a trip abroad Ready, OK!

Day 5 - Ocktoberfest

GERMANY | Sunday, 5 October 2008 | Views [576]

Day 5 So hung over yet the excitment motivated us to rise early and head for the tents. Today was slightly quiter then yesterday as we knew what we were in for, another liver slashing. We waited outside the Hoffanbrau tent which is known as the rowdyist. It features the pig pen, where undies and bras are thrown up to hang on a blown up pig hanging from the ceiling. The day started slow but was no doubt as messy. The doors opened again on 9am and we had beers in our hands soon after. I met up with a friend visiting from Wales and we went walkabout and hit the rollercoasters. The tents werent as busy today so we were able to come and go as we pleased. I ate a 1/2 a roast chicken which was so juicy and tasty and after a couple more hours enjoyed another half. The day was a lot calmer then yesterday and I think a few people were struggling. We called it a day around 5pm and headed back to the hostel, got a couple of hours sleep before the train came roaring in. I decided to sleep in a bench in the bathroom as it was alot quieter in there.

Tags: beer, chicken, munich, ocktoberfest, rollercoaster

About juliedrewe


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Germany

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.