Existing Member?

Revolution All Around: Documenting Israeli Identity in 2011 'Documenting my Documentation' (try saying that five times fast.)

You've been put on hold by a Tseva Adom

USA | Sunday, 30 October 2011 | Views [674]

For F*ck's sake. I can't even have a conversation with my good friend in Sderot without having it interrupted by a rocket coming from Gaza. Really? This is the first time we've been able to talk at length in months and now there are rockets. The first ones since I left the country in August.

This. Is. Insane. And it angers me to no end.

And yes. This is an incredibly biased post. But it's reality. This is the truth of having friends in the south. This is the reality of living in the south. Life is punctuated by grads, mortars, and qassams. You send out queries to your friends and family if you know their city has been hit, you wait for an answer, and then generally, everything is okay and you go on until the next rocket.

This area is under-reported, under-protected, and the people are by and large ignored except for acts of violence. If I do nothing else in my life, I'd like to see better coverage of this area: so many people without a voice and at the center of a conflict. Those in the center and north need to remember their brethren in the south--and not just after they've been attacked.

*string of frustrated expletives*

I apologize if this post was a little, errrr, intense.

 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.