Existing Member?

A Journey For Love

Am I Augustus Waters Enough For You?

INDONESIA | Monday, 12 May 2014 | Views [162] | Scholarship Entry

Have you read ‘The Fault In Our Stars’ by John Green? It was a sweet novel with love and journey in it. Perhaps, it sounds that I’m too confident to say that like Augustus Waters who tried to be able to bring his sweetheart, Hazel, to Amsterdam for love, I think I had a little bit the same story with his. Comparing the novel anyway, my Hazel didn’t have thyroid and I also didn’t have osteosarcoma like Augustus had. In short, we’re not cancer survivors. I’m just a 22 years old boy who felt in love with a girl, then thinking could do a special thing for her. I didn’t bring her to Amsterdam, of course. It was only Yogyakarta, about 300 miles from Jakarta and eight hours by a train.

My Hazel was a sweet girl with all of her innocence that I fell for her. But, I hid my feeling from her. You’ll know why later. She once said that one of her dreams was to step foot into Yogyakarta. Thus, we finally decided to have a lovely trip to there with our two friends. They were a new couple of girlfriend-boyfriend, but lately I heard that their relationship was not really good because of some problems. So, in order to finish the deal, I and my Hazel also made a plan that the trip hopefully could reunite them. Haha!

Yogyakarta was very beautiful with its people, cultures, history, heritages, and its fabulous beaches! We went to Indrayanti Beach. I always love spending time in the beach. I thought that the soft sand, the gentle breeze, and the sound of waves in the beach have some kind of magical power to calm people’s mind. So, I hoped the magical power also could make my friends’ relationship getting better. But until the sunset came, the plan seemed getting failed.

But, I and my Hazel didn’t give up easily. This might sound funny when we always on purpose set them together in every situation. So, they were set to enjoy a wonderful night together at the Malioboro street which was crowded by many people who were celebrating a bicycle carnival. Oh, but until we went back to Jakarta, their relationship wasn’t getting better at all.

What about me and my Hazel? Ah, did you know how the end of the novel? That was not all we wanted always to be true, right? So was the story of mine. Until the trip was over, I did never confess my feeling to my Hazel. It was because I knew that she was in love with someone else. But, overall, I felt happy because my HazeI’s little dream came true. Actually, that was all I wanted. I just wondered one thing; am I Augustus Waters enough for her?

Tags: 2014 Travel Writing Scholarship - Euro Roadtrip

About juliardi_ahmad


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Indonesia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.