Existing Member?

Footprints

scènes de la vie de bohème// les jeunes filles

FRANCE | Friday, 31 July 2015 | Views [191] | Comments [1] | Scholarship Entry

One and a half years ago i made my first video. Primary to catch the advantures i made with my friends and family in order to have a nice souvenir. Learning by doing and observing which influence it has on the point of view i'm watching people and places and how it sharpened my eyes, i started to make more and more little documentaries. Traveling a lot on my own, i discovered that it's the easiest way, to tell emotions and experiences i make, through photographs and editing videos. To share it watching the audience's reaction is a wonderful gift.
Now, what would it mean to me to have the opportunity to be mentored by Brian Rapsey?
First, i love to travel, especially to the countries of South America, although yet i haven't been to Columbia. Thanks to my knowledge of Spanish, it was always easier for me to get in touch with the people of the places i visited. For a person like me, it's a great experience to make a scholarship with a professional filmmaker and to learn techniques and get the opportunity to experience his knowlegde.
To apply for this chance to go on the assignment, i've chosen the paris video, which is my newest. Maybe it's not a real documentary, but it shows the the reason and what inspires me to travel - it's the places in the world and the people showing me their home. Editing a video is my way to say them "thank you". It also shows the level i reached till now, challenging myself and the technical equipment i'm working with (Nikon D1500, Nikkor 18-55).

Tags: 2015 Film Scholarship to Colombia

Comments

1

Hi there,

Thanks for your entry to our 2015 Travel Film Scholarship!

You may want to review your film entry to make sure it features a 'profile of a person who inspires you to travel the world’ and conveys a strong narrative within a 3 minute timeframe.

Any entries that do not fit these criteria will not be considered.

If you have any questions please check out our FAQs page or drop us an email at scholarships@worldnomads.com.

Best of luck!

  Jack, World Nomads Aug 7, 2015 3:28 PM

About julek


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about France

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.