Existing Member?

My Adventures

I get shitfaced

MEXICO | Saturday, 1 November 2014 | Views [359] | Comments [2]

sitting on the roof of my hostel with a mild hangover.  I went out last night with several people to drink and dance.  My dancing needs a little work but I also was too drunk to probably have the best coordination.  Three people were from France, one from Italy and one from England.  I had a great time but drank too much.  The Italian guy, Julian, and the French guy, Roban, plowed me full of cheap booze, "agua ardiente".  Costs 20 pesos for a shot which is about a buck fifty and it isn't that bad.  A twenty year old Mexican woman was really drunk and came over to flirt with me at the club.  It was flattering but I told her I am old enough to be her father.  It was a fun experience though.  I'm staying in Zacatecas for a few more days as it is really beautiful here and I for the first time got terribly lonely yesterday having not been around other English speakers, so I want to stay at this hostel longer.  It's the Day of the Dead tomorrow so it should be a fun night.  Have seen several people with their faces painted like skeletons today.  Am feeling excited about the upcoming meditation retreat and eventually making it to the coast and ocean.  my spansh is coming along as all the Europeans were saying that I speak decently.  The problem at this point is that I have difficulty understanding people's pace of speech.  looking forward to not having to see any snow this year.  hasta luego.

Comments

1

Thanks for sharing James.. glad to know that you're getting into all the different kinds of experiences you were hoping for. Keep the stories and pictures coming!!

kZ

  kZ Nov 1, 2014 11:34 PM

2

Sometimes the best stories come from the booze. I am a little jealous you got to see dia de los muertos. But I am super happy to read about your travels! They sound very interesting and exciting!!! Keep them coming, I will be reading!!
~AK

  Amy Kelly Nov 5, 2014 3:41 PM

About jrdenola


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Mexico

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.