Existing Member?

Elbo (elsewhere-bound) May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. I will be updating this journal on my adventures in Albania 05/06/13 - 05/09/13.

Journey to Albania

UNITED KINGDOM | Thursday, 6 June 2013 | Views [713]

So, I made it to Albania unscathed!

It was a long journey, but great nonetheless. Firstly I suffered two coaches, one from Northampton to London Victoria, and a second from Victoria to Gatwick. Going through Croydon was the highlight, I never knew London had such a green district! I continued reading Brave New World by Aldous Huxley. The airport was a smooth transition, didn't actually have to queue until getting onto the plane itself, then nobody sat next to me so I had a very comfortable space, and a free meal! (Cheers British Airways)

Then I watched the sun set over the Swiss Alps from the airplane window, the clouds turned pink and the snowy peaks stood triumphant, it was truly spectacular, I have a video, though I forgot to pack the cable that attaches to my video camera. D'oh! But I should be able to find one here somewhere.

After that I landed and had a taxi ride to the camp site. 150km/h down bumpy highways was a terrifying experience, and if you know what I'm like with cars, you will understand how clenched my bum was.

I woke up the morning to beautiful sunshine and puffy clouds sitting on the Montenegro mountains across the lake. I was cooked breakfast and sunbathing at 9am! I think I'm going to like it here. Also, it's nearly 30 degrees, take that England!

 

Things forgot to pack - Mini-usb cable - Earplugs - Repellent (Actually this was lost, I bought some at the airport but it disappeared!)

Here's the view from my tent.

tentview

I don't really know what to expect from here on out, but I've been shown around. I start work later on today, for now, it's sunbathing time!

Tags: airplane, albania, beach, camping, flying, lake, roads

About josephuck


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.