Existing Member?

Joe's World Backpacking Trip Stories and pics from my travels.

Aden, Yemen

YEMEN | Sunday, 8 February 2009 | Views [599]

I broke down and bought a plane ticket.  I had my heart set on going through the Gulf of Aden on a wooden fishing dhow.  It was all set but as it turns out the guy who was supposed to arrange it for me sits upon a throne of lies.  Oh well, I fly to Addis Ababa, Ethiopia tomorrow.  I didn't really care to see Djibouti anyway.  It's supposed to be really expensive and dangerous.  Aden has been wonderful.  The weather is perfect, I've made some good friends and I've been living on a sailboat.  Why do I leave you ask?  The thought of backpacking alone through the African wilderness, experiencing different tribes, wildlife and climbing a couple mountains greatly overshadows any other crazy plans on my "to-do" list.  I'm very excited to get to Ethiopia tomorrow.  For those of you who actually have been reading my blogs, the internet situation in Africa is either minimal or nonexistent.  So don't get all scared if I don't update or check in for over a week.  I haven't joined a tribe or been eaten by a lion.  Just to let everyone know, I cannot afford any Safaris.  They are expensive, and I'm using the bulk of the money I have set aside to climb a few mountains while in Africa.  I can't do both, so unfortunately I have to forgo silverback gorilla and rare white Rhino hunting trips.  Sorry.

Tags: addis ababa, aden, ethiopia, sailboat, yemen

 

About joealotto13


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Yemen

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.