Existing Member?

Joe's World Backpacking Trip Stories and pics from my travels.

Bosra, Syria

SYRIA | Friday, 21 November 2008 | Views [602]

Getting to Bosra was an adventure in itself.  Not because there was a lack of public transportation.  Just the global fact that taxi drivers and bus drivers are the shittiest people in the world.  That's all I'll go into for that.  Also Bosra is right next to the Golan Heights.  The contested UN controlled zone between Palistine/Israel and Syria.  Also it's in Lebanon, and that area is controlled by Hizbollah.  Anyway it was worth the trip.  One of the most awesome Roman ampitheatres iv'e ever seen.  Seriously, to me it beats the Coliseum in Rome because there were almost no tourists here.  Check out the pics.  I'm starting to fool around with framing and adjusting my lighting.  Hopefully, eventually I might be able to take pictures that do these wonderful places justice.  I would love to take pictures of people too, but it's kind of taboo or forbidden in the middle east.  So we'll see, if I get thrown in jail you'll know why.

Tags: bosra, damascus, harem, pictures, syria

 

About joealotto13


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Syria

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.