Existing Member?

Joe's World Backpacking Trip Stories and pics from my travels.

Israel.

ISRAEL | Friday, 14 November 2008 | Views [618] | Comments [5]

I only spent a week in Israel.  One or two days in Tiberias,(On the Sea of Galilee), and five days in Jerusalem.  It was expensive but it's an amazing city.  Me and my Aussie friends stayed in the Muslim quarter.  It was quiet at night cause of the curfew.  There was a lot to see there.  The hostel we stayed in was on Via Delarosa.  The road Jesus walked on his way to Calvary.  I visited what is believed to be his tomb too.  The dome of the rock, Mt. of Olives, and Mt. Zion were all interesting too.  The Church of the Nativity in Bethlehem was nice.  I found the Palestinian people much more friendly than the Israelis.  The artwork on the West Bank wall was a sight in itelf.  I don't know what else to say about the place.  To be honest, I didn't like it very much.  A lot of history, but I care more about interacting with the people.  I didn't really get much of that there.  I'm more interested in meeting locals, and learning about their towns and culture from a real point of view.  I feel sorry for the people who follow a tour guide to pre-designated sites and have no interaction with the locals.  I'm off to Amman tomorrow, and if I'm lucky, I'll be in Damascus in a few days.  Ok sorry, this story kinda sucked.

Tags: bethlehem, israel, jericho, jerusalem, palestine, tiberias

 

Comments

1

Joey - I DID IT!!! I reached a new goal and have lost 40 lbs! All on the JAQWLP (Joey Alotto Quick Weight Loos Program).

Let me know you got this by responding to me, please.

  Uncle B Nov 15, 2008 7:10 AM

2

Oh yeah, I guess your trip is kind of interesting too, I guess.

  Uncle B Nov 15, 2008 7:11 AM

3

Joe its time to move on. You have seen enough in the middle east.

  Joseph Alotto Nov 15, 2008 12:32 PM

4

I heard about this really cool way to see the middle east. Its called the "army", apparently all you have to do is sign some "contract" and they pay you to see the world. I talked to this guy called a "recruiter" and he told me all these cool stories about how everyone loves Americans and wherever we go people give us stuff. He said its the best. I am going to do it you should too!

  chris Nov 16, 2008 3:56 AM

5

a pitty you havent been in tel aviv, an amazing city and the perfect place for interacting with israeli people. in tel aviv you can see and live the life of israel as it is today!

  aline Dec 8, 2008 8:08 PM

About joealotto13


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Israel

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.