Existing Member?

Joe's World Backpacking Trip Stories and pics from my travels.

Amman/Dead Sea/ Mt. Nebo Jordan

JORDAN | Sunday, 9 November 2008 | Views [1009]

A lot has happened in the past few days so I'll try to keep it short and concise.  I'm still with the Aussies, we get along great and we kind of have a similar itinerary so were traveling together for the moment.  Getting to the Dead Sea from Amman was an adventure in itself.  We intended to take the minibus there but the guy said "Were Here." and we got off the bus to discover we were in desert/farmland 20ks from the Dead Sea.  The people in Jordan are really nice so we managed to hitch there.  Swimming there is the one of the weirdest things I've ever done.  You float on top the the water, you can lay there and put your hands behind your head and you won't sink.  Me and Dave found some Dead Sea mud and caked ourselves with it and I ran around like the Incredible Hulk.  I don't think the Palistinians got it.  We made it to Mt. Nebo ok (Were Moses looked out over the promised land) but we had to hitch part of the way home on a tour bus full of Belgiuns.  They were nice about it and took us to town.  We found all the cheap places in Amman so we spent our time eating and smoking sheesha.  Went and saw the new bond movie too.  I forgot that I was in a muslim country and was wondering why there were holes in the plot.  It took me until the end of the movie to realize they cut out all the sex scenes.

Tags: amman, dead sea, dead sea mud, jordan, mt. nebo

 

About joealotto13


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Jordan

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.