Existing Member?

Joe's World Backpacking Trip Stories and pics from my travels.

Essouria, Morocco

MOROCCO | Saturday, 11 October 2008 | Views [783] | Comments [2]

Essouria was a nice break from Marrakech.  I could walk down the street without being hassled, and people didn't try to rip me off constantly.  It was a beach town so I spent most of my day either at the beach or walking around the small Medina.  The best part of the town was the fish market.  Fresh fish caught daily were brought directly to the market, and sold on the spot for cheap.  They cleaned the fish for you there, then you walked next door where they spiced it and cooked it for you.  While you wait they bring you olives and bread.  It had to be the coolest food experience I've had yet.  It definately made that town that much more awesome.  I spent my nights on the roof of the medina with the crew of folks I met in Marrakech who happened to be going to Essouria too.  There's was a liquor store in this town so we could actually drink alcohol this time, instead of tea and Sheesha(flavored tobacco.)

Tags: beach, booze, essouria, fresh fish, morocco

 

Comments

1

You never ate fish at home. Whats up with that?
Love Dad

  Joseph Alotto Oct 12, 2008 4:02 AM

2

That answers my question about sea food.

  Jeremy Oct 19, 2008 4:01 PM

About joealotto13


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Morocco

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.