Existing Member?

The little adventures of Jo! Travel with me on my overdue gap year around the world :)

Words for Nepal

MALAYSIA | Friday, 6 December 2013 | Views [506]

I feel so compelled to share this story by National Geographic photographer, Aaron Huey. I've been following Aaron on Instagram (user ID argnonautphoto) ever since I stumbled upon a photo of his of Ama Dablam. It was, shortly after I returned from my own trek in the Himalayas. When I view a new photo that Aaron's taken in Nepal, there's always a sweet sentiment of nostalgic love. I wasn't convinced (far from it!), that I'd ever return to Nepal or go on another trek, but his photos have almost singlehandedly nursed back that wanderlust for adventure and nature that I thought I had lost.

My time in Nepal will always remain close to my heart. If you've read my previous posts post-Nepal, I'm sure you sense my loss for words to describe my thoughts on my experience there. There was just so much, but Aaron does it beautifully in his story and it completely resonates with the feelings of my heart.

Please read his story - http://proof.nationalgeographic.com/2013/11/14/notes-from-the-road-sky-rock-emptiness-truth/

Tags: himalayas, mountains, nepal, reflections, trekking

About joannawong


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Malaysia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.