Existing Member?

The little adventures of Jo! Travel with me on my overdue gap year around the world :)

Live in Liverpool

UNITED KINGDOM | Thursday, 22 August 2013 | Views [513]

What I like most about being in Liverpool is the music. Yes, the greatest band ever, the Beatles, was born here and I'm here on a pilgrimage. Even though they've disbanded and half of them are no longer, their legacy lives on strong in this vibrant city. Although you still hear plenty of Beatles playing, Liverpool is home to many talented buskers who ensure there's always music around town.

Staying at the Hoax Liverpool was an excellent decision. It's possibly the best hostel I've stayed so far. Just opened five weeks ago, everything is new and clean, staff are so friendly and the vibe is hip and fresh. On the ground floor, their sister restaurant and bar, Hopskotch, is of the same great 5-star quality.
 
Staying at Hoax, you're at the centre of it all. My room window practically fully faces onto Mathew St, dubbed as the birthplace of the Beatles where they played a lot in their early days. There are still a handful of night clubs on the street, all of which play current and retro pop right into the early morn. Depending on who you are, it can be taken as either a blessing or curse. I don't really mind it but am thankful for the open mic session at the hostel bar which is being hosted by a local musician who's by far better and more original.
 
Though I haven't done anything too touristy in Liverpool (apart from visiting the Beatles Story, a museum dedicated to the city's most famous sons - part of my pilgrimage), I really like it here and will be back for sure!

Tags: cities, european adventure, hostels, music, sightseeing, uk

About joannawong


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.