Existing Member?

UK Italy Germany 2014

A late late flight to Heathrow

GERMANY | Friday, 1 August 2014 | Views [174]

Our plane was due to leave at 9pm so we caught a train and arrived early to have dinner at the airport. We were surprised to find a pot of herbs on every table and a thick paper parcel of chunky slices of very fresh German bread. Our meals were excellent, with fresh ingredients and wholesome, homely cooking using the herbs, most unusual for an airport offering in our experience. After waiting at the boarding gate for a while we were told there would be a 60 minute delay, which was greeted with an audible groan. After an hour the children were asked to come forward to start boarding but almost immediately we were told there would be a further delay. This was a BA flight and to our surprise the pilot and his copilot appeared from the cockpit to explain and apologise for the delay: a technical fault with the rear door of the airbus which would have to be checked. Fortunately it was fixed and we boarded about 90 mins late in all. We were then a bit worried about catching a tube at 11.30 at night to Ed's but he and Nikki very kindly drove the 90 min journey to pick us up. It was good to collapse into bed about 1.30am after the early morning walk in Gottingen so long ago.

 

 

 

About joanimil


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Germany

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.