Existing Member?

UK Italy Germany 2014

A hairy escapade

GERMANY | Friday, 1 August 2014 | Views [197] | Comments [1]

After Eisenach we drove back to Goettingen for one night to see Cathy before catching a train to Hannover prior to our late flight to London Heathrow. We returned the hire car without incident, and to our surprise they provided us with a taxi to our hotel.

Cathy and I did a fast one hour walk around the historic town wall, with non stop girly talk, at 7am the next day, then we all had buffet breakfast at the hotel. In Germany this was always a fairly lavish affair of cereal, eggs, salami, all kinds of German sausage, fish and cured meats, and cheeses yoghurt, quark etc, not to mention the wonderful selections of crusty German brotchen and dark heavy breads, with jams, often home made, always with that delicious salt free cultured butter.

Anyway I digress. During the day I took the opportunity to venture into a salon to have a much needed haircut. 'Dry cut for 15 Euros' it proclaimed in the window in German, which sounded good to me. Unfortunately the lady allocated to me spoke no English whatsoever, neither did the lady at the desk. The cutter was very slow and of mature years, ie even older than me, but we pressed on with a combination of my limited hair cutting vocabulary and sign language. She was absolutely meticulous however, and 40 minutes later I went to the desk to pay, quite pleased with the result. The bill was 35 Euros!! Ah well, but still, it is a VERY good cut.  

Comments

1

Hi Joan

What an expensive haircut! I am glad it was worth it. Years ago, I paid a lot of money for a haircut in Canterbury and it was terrible. I ended up having to get scissors out, to trim it up a bit more, so it wasn't so unweildy!

Love
Deborah

  Deborah Munro Aug 12, 2014 11:33 AM

About joanimil


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Germany

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.