Existing Member?

jnj away 2012...the journey continues

Grand Designs Expo

UNITED KINGDOM | Wednesday, 24 October 2012 | Views [472]

Our hero Kevin McCloud

Our hero Kevin McCloud

Friday 12th October

Kevin McCloud,Grand Designs Expo, Birmingham

The 70 mile trip to busy Birmingham turned out to be well worth it and it was an amazing experience! The NEC (National Exhibition Centre) is massive – there is no other word to describe the size of the 21 huge exhibition halls, the abundance of car parks, the massive queues and the total congestion as we passed through the doors even though we’d pre-booked our tickets! I reckon 250,000 people had the same idea that day! The annual Grand Designs Expo enticed us for a couple of reasons…..our hero Kevin McCloud was there in person and we thought that if Mils had seen him three weeks before in Vic then we could try to meet him too!

It was in a deluge of housing and interior design displays where we waited in an endless queue to say hi to Kev…which we DID in a 5 nano-second meet and greet! There was way too much jostling, there were way too many people and way too much risk of a crowd crush! We found a coffee, bought a Bamix then looked high up on a distant wall way above the congestion to see the sign that would tell us where the exit was - and got out of there as quickly as we could! Like we said - it was an amazing experience…but worth it!

 

About jimboandjanet


Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.