Existing Member?

Jim and Nic go 'round the world in 180 Days

Dubai

UNITED ARAB EMIRATES | Sunday, 1 November 2009 | Views [314]

Aquadventure at the Atlantis

Aquadventure at the Atlantis

Tuesday 27th /Wednesday 28th October

Dubai/Thailand


We knew today was going to be along one so we had another later start with coffee and croissants in our room. We had to check out by 12:00pm, which was a shame) but the hotel has a very niffty hospitality lounge were we could leave our stuff for the day.


We took the monorail onto The Palm proper. This crazy man made island in the shape of a palm is wacky but seems to work. There is plenty of work still to be done but it's alive and living with residents now. Then it was back to the beach and another 3 hours in the water park. (We're suckers for water sports:)


The Atlantis has lived up to everything we had hoped it would. It really is a destination in itself and quite enticing. We could have stayed longer in this crazy place. It's one of those rare destinations that truly caters for both kids and adults.


We'll make the next 22 hours quick. 7:00pm – taxi to airport. 10:30pm flight to Mumbi. Fabulous plane, private cubicals, totally flat bed and big TV, nice food and booze...we had a ball...did not sleep a wink because of all the toys to play with. 3:00am Whisked off the plane by security people to the Business lounge. 5:00am politely escorted back by security to another plane for flight to Bangkok. (there is definitely something to be said about BC). Tragedy – only standard business class seats, that were not totally flat. Ugh, but we napped and survived. 11:00am arrive in Bangkok. 1:30pm Flight to Krabi Island. 5:00pm arrive in our suite at the hotel. Bloody exhausted!


Have immediately fallen in love with Krabi, the venue and the view. Beautiful hotel with a private beach overlooking the bay. Our room has a great balcony with an outdoor two- man spa (actually, you could squeeze another two in there), day bed, bla bla bla, you get the picture.... overlooking the beach and ocean....ahhhh. A quick dinner in one of the restaurants...(cheap and delicious...we love Thailand and realise were a definitely not in Europe anymore when the bill arrives) and then crashed.

About jimandnicadventure

Us in Petersham

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about United Arab Emirates

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.