Existing Member?

living abroad

My Video scholarship 2010 entry

WORLDWIDE | Tuesday, 8 June 2010 | Views [701] | Comments [3] | Scholarship Entry

Nepal was a country I had wanted to visit my entire life. The mountain culture is one of the most beautiful untouched regions of the world and I believe that our western culture has much more to learn from the people in the mountains (who have lived a completely sustainable lifestyle for hundreds of years) than we have to give to them.  

 

I lived in Nepal teaching English and doing research for 8 months and put together this video while I was there. While this video serves only has an introduction to the culture documenting a journey through a 24 day hike in the mountains, it is my hope that I can one day return to explore the culture in a deeper way.  This video documents the trail of a traveler on the Annapurna Circuit of Nepal and I published it in order to inspire other people to visit Nepal

 

My goals as a videographer are to create documentary films for small international non-profit organizations, providing them with the opportunity to give them a voice and show how they are making a positive change in the world. I have two other films that follow those lines documenting a coexistence project between Israeli and Palestinian Midwives for (Circle of Health International) as well as the struggle for women’s empowerment in Gulu, Uganda (with the Women’s global Empowerment fund) My plans in the future are to finish up grad school in public health and return to Nepal to live and work and learn from the people there.


Tags: 2010 travel video scholarship

Comments

1

Hello Jessica- just checking that you are aware that to be eligible for the scholarship your application video must be 3 minutes or less?



  scholarships Jun 8, 2010 10:11 AM

2

I know.... but I thought this was perfect as is and explained the story completely. I could cut it and pull out the best version just for this contest....I was hoping the judges would be flexible on the 3 minutes but I am guessing from your response that this is not the case?

  jessica Alderman Jun 9, 2010 3:03 AM

3

Hello Jessica,
Its important to show the judges as a documentary maker that you can read and interpret a brief. Unfortunately they will not consider anyone who does not do this correctly.

  scholarships Jul 5, 2010 11:17 AM

About jessicaalderman


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Worldwide

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.