Existing Member?

THE AMAZING ADVENTURES OF JESS & DAN back on the road again...

Groundhog day

ARGENTINA | Sunday, 23 December 2012 | Views [858] | Comments [7]

Dear All,

 Wow, I can’t believe how fast the year has gone! It felt like only a few months ago we were at Kelli and Jackson’s wedding super excited because we had finally found a venue and date for a wedding AND decided on our amazing honeymoon destination. Our wedding in October was an absolutely magical day and we loved sharing it with you all xox

 Dan and I have always spoken of places we would love to visit, India was always my dream, and Antartica was Dan’s dream. I was definitely hesitant about going to Antartica when dan bought it up, partly because he has this crazy idea about walking to the South Pole, pfffft, that was never going to happen! Partly because only fitness freak loonies would attempt walking that far…and that’s definitely not us. We met somewhere in the middle and are spending our honeymoon trekking in Patagonia, visiting Antartica and then going on to Iquazu falls and Rio De Janeiro at the end so I get a little beach baking time.

 As I’m writing were flying somewhere over the Pacific Ocean, only 2.5 hours till we arrive in Santiago, Chile. The flight is 12 hours long…blurgh. However, QANTAS is AMAZING!!! Dan and I have always flown budget airlines…from dodgy air china, air Vietnam, Jetstar, Easyjet..etc, etc, we were use to and generally accepting of horrible plane food, slightly annoyed flight attendants, midget sized seats and zero entertainment. Flying QANTAS this flight though has definitely made us reconsider our choice when flying, particularly when flying long distances. 1st amazing service: we have tv screens in our seats, hehe, I feel like an excited 12 year old writing that, but having a huge choice of movies and tv’s has helped pass the time. I watched ‘ruby sparks’ and dan watched the ‘housos’ movie, although he turned it off half way because he was worried that people walking pass would judge him for watching such shit….and there was a serious amount of boob.2nd amazing service: the food! It started with a lunch; pasta, salad, roll and a cookies and cream mousse, all delicious. Dan asked for a bundy and coke and the flight attendant bought back half a cup, enough for about 3 drinks…and we didn’t have to pay! Since then we have been spoilt with regular drink stops (don’t worry mum, no coke or peanuts for me) including Cadbury hot chocolate with a marshmellow! Mini pizza’s and my favourite Weiss icecream bars! Yay, I think before we land we are having breakfast as well.

 

We left Sydney at 11:30 Saturday 22nd Dec and after 12 hours flying will arrive in Santiago at 9:40am Saturday 22nd Dec…eeew. We have a connecting flight at 2:45pm from Santiago to Buenos Aires, Argentina, where we will spend the night and then fly the next day down to Ushuaia. Our trek in Patagonia begins on the 24th December.

 

Hugs and Kisses,

Jess and Dan xo

 

Dear friends,

I have joined Jess and Dan on their adventure, who wouldn’t say yes to a free trip in their backpack! It will be a relaxing break for me as there is a horrible blonde dog at their new house in Mount Evelyn.  I hate her, she stole me from the book shelf and buried me in the garden. I spent 2 days half buried!

From Ernie

 

Tags: argentina, chile, qantas, travel.

 

Comments

1

woohoo, thanks all, have made it to 30,000 views :)

  jess_dan Dec 23, 2012 9:35 PM

2

Hi Jess and Dan,
Wow can't believe I'm reading and of course laughing again at your blog. Poor Ernie! I do hope he has recovered from his traumatic burying. The food on the plane sounds like the best food ever served on a plane-amazing.
I hope you get more sleep tonight. At dinner I commented to Manda and Luke that it was 4.47am in Buenos Aires and that you and Dan would be fast asleep. Little did we know that would only be true for another 13 minutes. Yuk!!!!!
We had a great day jetskiing at Eildon. Good to relax and just chill after all the rush of Xmas preparation. Was a stinking hot day here 39!
Chase is good, no problems at all.
Love u both heaps
Love Mum and Dad x x x

  Mum (H that is!!!!!) Dec 23, 2012 9:55 PM

3

P.S.
Glad to hear you avoided the coke and peanuts!!!!!
x x x

  Mum (again) Dec 24, 2012 7:37 AM

4

Hi Jess and Dan, So glad to see you made it safely. Hope you have a wonderful trek and enjoy your special Christmas on the other side of the world. Look forward to following your blog and hearing all about your new adventures. Have fun, stay safe and enjoy all the new experiences. Merry Christmas. Love Gai and family xxxxx

  Gai Basso Dec 24, 2012 4:02 PM

5

Hi weary travellers.
It is great to hear that you guys are on the road again.
This is just a quick note to wish you all the best and Feliz Navidad!
Love and kisses
The Loopies
p.s. Glad to hear Ernie is enjoyoing travel fever again!!

  The Loopies Dec 24, 2012 4:04 PM

6

So good the blog is back!! Sounds amazing already have fun!

P.s I'm also in your backpack...Surprise!

  Amos Dec 26, 2012 9:32 AM

7

Message from the "horrible blonde dog"

Ernie I was just showing you around the new place! And I miss you guys so much except my new boy friend is amazing... He has taken me on beach dates, we have long walks and swims then have fish n chips on the beach, we have lattes, go to the drive in movies together and play all day. Have a great time mum and dad and Ernie.
Love Milly

  Mel Jo Milly & billy Dec 28, 2012 8:22 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about Argentina

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.