Existing Member?

Origins of Zen

Thanksgiving in Nepal

USA | Thursday, 28 November 2013 | Views [253]

 Today my friends and family will be eating foods I can currently only dream of while I celebrate my gratefulness over daahl baht, chapati, and pristine views of the Himalaya with my good friend Kendra. I am constantly reminded on the road, as i pass families who live meagerly off an average of 250$ a year, that I have fistfuls to be thankful for. I am thankful to have been born into a privledged place in society, where college education, a home with running water and electricity, clothes, and cabinets full of food are the norm. I am truly blessed to have come from such a place, to have traveled the world, been born into a family full of love, and to know what the saying 'sky's the limit' means. Today I give no more thanks than any other day, as each is filled with an utter gratitude for existence, but I will give special thanks to the strangers I've thus far encountered on this journey who have gone out of their way to welcome me to their homes, feed me, and help me on my way, out of the sheer kindness of their hearts. If everyone could take on a 'pay it forward' approach in their daily lives the world would surely be a better place. Happy Thanksgiving everybody. Namaste.

About jericafromamerica

In traditional Balinese dress

Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.