Existing Member?

World_Tour

Berlin

GERMANY | Wednesday, 12 December 2007 | Views [2327] | Comments [4]

Hey guys. Sorry its taken so long to update my journal. A lot has happened. Let me tell you about Berlin. It is an awesome place. If anyone comes to Berlin I highly recommend the Alternative Berlin tour. It is a free tour with what you really want out of a tour. The tour starts a little slower by taking you to shops that sell clothing by the kilogram and moves on to an area where there is a lot of cool graffiti and art galleries. They also project movies here on the side of a building. It is the biggest movie screen in Europe. Next we went to the Berlin wall and broke into the side of the wall your not supposed to be on but they have huge raves there sometimes. We climbed the wall and looked over it. It was great. We also went to the ghetto of West Berlin and saw 50 face portraits on the side of a childrens school. There are pictures. We also went to the top of a waterfall to a monument where you can see all parts of Berlin. Next we broke into an old Berlin prison and climbed onto the roof with the best view ever. I have some pictures but I didnt have my camera for the roof part because we had to climb through tight quarters. The final location was Europes largest skate park that was just built. Surrounding the park was Berlin rubble and an old watch tower with climbing pegs in it for people to climb it. After the tour we all went to the New Zealand bar and ate the famous Kiwiburger. It was good. The Alternative tour guys are setting up alternative tours for Prague, Amsterdam, London, San Francisco, and some other places. If Im not busy I may help him set up his tour in San Francisco and do some tour guiding. If not Ill recruit some of my buds that are interested. So if anyone knows any underground San Francisco stuff that would be good for the tour let me know.

I also went on a few pub crawl. First I went on a pub crawl then I went onto the anti-pub crawl pub crawl. They were both pretty good. I went to a rock horror bar where Marylin Manson sometimes goes and I sat in his reserved seats for some beers. We also went to a cool bar called Yesterday bar. One of the nights we went to a place called White Trash Fast Food and saw a rockabilly show. It was great. The guitarist/singer was playing on someones shoulders and then they sawed the guitar in half and smashed it with an axe. Good times. Too many stories. I shaved my head in Amsterdam and everyone I meet now says I look like the lead singer of Metallica. I have groupies now. In Berlin I left my beanie in a taxi and now my heads been cold for awhile. I finally bought a hat now that im in Prague. Ok time to write my Poland story. More happened in Berlin but its just too much to write.

Tags: Adventures

Comments

1

All I can say is you are nuts. How did we come from the same parents??? No seriously, I'm so happy you are having a blast and getting to experience so many new things and cultures. Not many get to do what you are doing so enjoy every minute. Love you so much and miss you tons. We'll be thinking about you on Christmas.

  Kerry (sister) Dec 19, 2007 11:37 PM

2

I'm sure you missed a bit. Good times good times:-) Happy & safe travels! Dani

  Danielle Dec 21, 2007 9:48 AM

3

Hi there
I did the tour you mention and really enjoyed it. Want to recommend it to a friend, do you have their web address or any other details?

Many thanks.

Jackie

  Jackie Reiter Jan 11, 2008 3:41 AM

4

It's me the ozzie Travis...I can't believe what u r talkin about right now...I was on that tour with ya and not even one word is true, stop trying to impress ur friends back home...!

  travis Oct 1, 2009 5:17 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about Germany

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.