Existing Member?

Jenna's Colombia Adventure Application Form

Jesus Army

UNITED KINGDOM | Friday, 7 August 2015 | Views [154] | Scholarship Entry

Hello,

My name is Jenna Jones and I am a 22 year old Television and Film Production Graduate based in London. I currently work as a Production Assistant for a small film company, and although I love my job I do miss the creative aspect of creating my own films.

In my final year of University I created a short documentary based on a controversial church called The Jesus Army. The film focused on the community living together in one house and exploring how the children in this community feel and how this way of life effects them. I won the Directors Guild of Great Britain award for the film and also had the film screened in London. I have also made a few travel videos over the last few summers exploring my time in Europe and America.

I feel that I would greatly benefit from this opportunity to build up my portfolio and also learn the ropes from a professional. Although I have some skills and experience in video making, this is mainly in University projects or my own small projects and so I feel learning and watching from Brian Rapsey will greatly benefit how I create films in the future.

I enjoy travelling and experiencing different communities and would love the opportunity to explore Colombia's Pacific Coast community and share this with the world, and hope both myself and audiences can learn something from the finished film.

Tags: 2015 Film Scholarship to Colombia

About jennajones


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.