Existing Member?

Mark_Murphy Meanderings

Just relaxing by the pool

THAILAND | Thursday, 31 May 2012 | Views [450]

Quiet day around the pool. we have negotiated that we do a quiet day and then a busy day. A leisurely breakfast, yummy!!!! then a walk to the beach and check out the sand and the shops. The beaches are beautiful and sandy and very like Australian beaches. It is monsoon season, so we are getting showers of rain every day, sometimes very heavy, the bonus is that there are not many tourists and not many people at the resort. The sea is very rough and some days the beach is closed to swimming. We found a bar on the beach and had a nice cool beer and then wandered back to swim in the pool. nice and relaxing.

We get free afternoon tea each day which is tea or coffee with a plate of three banana fritters with chocolate syrup, just the little bush bananas not really big ones but beautiful and crispy. We can also have pad Thai any time during the day or evening of which there are three different types and all delicious, we have had pad Thai most evenings.

We went over to the beach for dinner at a seafood restaurant as Fahana was leaving. Fahana arrived on Saturday to meet up with Nick and Liz, Michael's brother and sister in law. She is an American over here in Thailand teaching and a whole lot of fun. She helped us learn to barter and was very funny to have around. of course we Australianised her within the two days and made her laugh a lot. She heads back to America soon, but has promised to come to Australia. She met Nick and Liz through their son and spent a week in Australia before she came here. We were sad she was leaving us so we needed to do something special on her last night.

 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.