Existing Member?

Diego and Jose's tequila tour!

Rainbows in Guadalajura....

MEXICO | Thursday, 13 August 2009 | Views [699] | Comments [2]

The drivers are crazy. Walk quickly.

The drivers are crazy. Walk quickly.

Warning: If you are easily offended do not read on.....

Sorry to all our adoring fans and I know there's many of you (or is it the same psycho viewing all our stories over and over? We aren't sure!?). We're sorry, because it's been a while since the tequila tour blog was updated and when we say updated we mean updated in a straight way too. We are also sorry to Trev who would like our stories to be spiced up a bit. So due to popular demand (is Trev really that popular?) here is the next "shocking" episode of Diego and Jose´s Tequila Tour!

This story begins in Mexico´s second largest city, Guadalajara. A town that is home to more than 4 million and reknowned as being a real party place. We arrived ready and pumped for a big weekend ahead of us.

Travel tip number 1.

If possible, do some research on the area you intend to stay. This might eliminate staying in a dangerous neighbourhood, inside a brothel, the expensive tourist area, or the gay quarter. If you happen to think you might accidently be staying in the poo-punching area of town, look out for rainbow flags and blokes kissing on the street. This is usually a good sign that you may not have chosen your hotel wisely.

NB. Lesson learnt.

We arrived very late to town on a lovely friday night (before the heavy downpour). During our taxi ride into town from the bus station, Diego (being the most observant of the two gringo´s) noticed many rainbows flying from buildings and out the front of doorways. As we got very close to our destination, Ocampo Rd, it should have worried us that a block before our hotel there happens to be a street vendor called "Tacos Gay's?". Now, we'd heard of a seafood taco before, but until then we weren't even aware that tacos had a sexual preference.

Hungry, we headed up onto the main road and visited Burger King for the first time on the trip (what were we thinking?). We then headed back to the hotel to get some rest and be refreshed for a BIG Saturday night (Chihuahua-style) as it was getting late and Keesy needed some alone time.

Saturday evening arrives and we're extremely keen on a beer, but before that happens Jose visits the toilet once more and pops an Imodium tablet. (This was needed as the bulk of Jarrod's "alone time" had been spent peppering the porcelain princess with the remains of previous meals.) We walk 25m to the a bar where we heard loud music coming from the night before. As we hesitantly look in the front and check out the cliental, we are relieved to see there's a real gender mix and it appears kinda loungy. We casually stroll in and buy a couple of beers (for about $1 each!) and have a seat on a couch without drawing much attention from anyone. After a few minutes of listening to horrible music (the Diva's concert playing on the TV should have been a tip-off))we notice two blokes sitting on seperate tables looking us up and down, and the girls in the corner kissing openingly. Was it time to stay and watch or to bolt? Considering the horrible music we moved to another bar.

The Cuba Libre Bar was the next destination a little further up the block. This would have to be the joint that kept us up late the night before with extremely loud music! The volume of music in here would have to make the Sandbar on a saturday night sound like quiet time in a nursing home. We sat down at one of many tables around the outside of the d-floor. We ordered 6 beers in bucket of ice and sat and watched a few sleezy blokes all over a group of girls dancing. We quickly polished off the beers headed for a piss before leaving. In the toilets we were greeted with inch deep fluid possibly consisting of dirty water, urine and spew. We must of missed the sign out the front that said "bring your own gum boots." We quickly left soon after with our ears ringing and our jeans and shoes soaked. The night was not going to plan...

The rest of the night consisted of us walking the few blocks around the city centre looking for a decent bar without much success. We did however find a bar that had some atomsphere and wasn`t too shady but was sold extremely expensive beer (35 peso`s). Can you believe that? That's nearly $3.50! Anyway after a few rounds we headed back to the gay quarter for some "Gay's tacos." The 5 peso gay taco was clearly the highlight of the night for Diego!

 

Comments

1

Travel Tip # 1 would have been useful last year then we might not have booked accom in the hookers quarter in singapore. Ah good times

  Ben Aug 13, 2009 4:31 PM

2

Yes trevor is that popular

  Julia Aug 17, 2009 4:12 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about Mexico

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.