Existing Member?

Taking care of business

DAY 18/19/20

AUSTRALIA | Friday, 24 April 2009 | Views [492]

Hi all,

Back again just been under the radar for a little while, being out of range or driving through until quite late.

Left Alice before sun up for mad dash to the coast and tried to get as far as possible in the first day following the highway north before turning east at three ways, the roads were as usual long and straight !!!! it was difficult to pick a camp spot for the night as camp spots were in places where we could travel further IE Barkly homestead at 1630pm where we wanted to drive until about 1830pm.

There are radio repeater masts along the highways which are always just back off the road about 100 - 200M away with good tracks leading up to them and looked pretty safe so we stayed at one of them and camped for the night.

A bit of a late start as we packed up camp and decided to drive until about 2030pm today so we could stay at a motel in Hughendon which left us about 600klms to the coast, the barkly tablelands were prety spectacular which dropped down into Queenslands cattle country of which has landscape that has to be seen to be believed, as far as the eye can see all around you will not see anything but horizon.

Started out of the motel at 0500 today to get a good start as we were heading for the coast and it was not to long before we were over the dividing range and the scenery just about changed in an instant, cane fields, palm trees, just about everything was green!!!! not brown.

Anyway got down to airlie beach and will be here for 4 days before we start to head back south so just taking in a bit of R&R and enjoying the sunshine, swimming and beer at cheap prices!!!!

Well speak soon all,

Chow for now luvies xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx      

 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.