Existing Member?

THE BIG ONE From sea kayaking to sheep shaggin' New Zealand has it all!

The Journey Begins

UNITED KINGDOM | Saturday, 12 January 2008 | Views [460] | Comments [1]

The journey began with a wee bit of excitment when an Indian Taxi driver phoned us 25 mins before we were due to leave and said " So sorry Sir, No taxi, Broken down, so sorry!"

After a few expletives we phoned our "man" who we booked the taxi through who new nothing of the matter and duly picked us up on time. Very odd we thought.

Moral of the story? Answers on a postcard please.

On arrival at Heathrow, the plane was on time and we boarded with much excitment. With plenty of leg room, the wife at the side and the obligatory G & T in hand life was looking pretty good. In fact we could'nt fault the trip. First leg to LA was about 10 and a half hrs. Good food, great entertainment system ( I particulary liked the dancing girls!) and before you could say "Numb bum" we were there. A few hrs wait in LA and we were off again to Auckland. One Valium Pill, 2 G & T's and 9 hrs straight sleep and we were almost there. The second leg was about 12hrs 50 mins in total.

Arriving at 5am we picked up our car feeling pretty good and took an easy drive to waitomo caves where we boarded a little boat through a cave system to view glow worms in the dark. A bit touristy but good fun. An afternoon drive took us to New Plymouth where we camped at the foot of Mt Taranaki. So far we have been blown away by the scenery. Photo's will follow.

We arrived in Wellington yesterday and did the sights and now we are getting ready for the wedding. More to follow after the handover has gone....

Tags: planes trains & automobiles

 

Comments

1

Moral of the story ...Never book an INDIAN taxi and have your Ma-in-law standing by !!! Just in case . Lovely pictures What a good idea this is, we really feel we are 'WITH YOU' (watching you!) as no doubt you are watching us with Molly & Badger !!! Can't wait for the next stage! Love you loads XX

  Eve & Ken Jan 13, 2008 9:49 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.