Existing Member?

I love my life! Taking my time, soaking in the sights and always taking the road less traveled.

Haters gonna hate, potatoes gonna potate

CANADA | Tuesday, 13 March 2012 | Views [1456] | Comments [1]

Let it snow, let it snow!!

Let it snow, let it snow!!

Today is a significant day. Today marks 2 weeks since I haven't had a meal made by my mum. In other words, I left 2 weeks ago today!! So to all those who said I wouldn't last a week, I doubled your expectations! (wow that was hard to work out..). I don't know how I am going to go with the 6 month marker, let alone one year!

When I woke up this morning, it wasn't THAT cold. I put my joggers on and ran to the gym. There I ran 5 miles in about 32 minutes. I felt pretty proud of myself (I knew all the big boys and made-up girly girls were checking me out. I was checking me out). I left the gym at 158.7lbs... you do the math.

Anyhow, as I walked out of the gym I thought it was raining (great, I had to run home) but it wasn't... It was SNOWING!!!!! (GREAT, I still had to run home AND it was freezing!). But wow snow is magical, it looks so beautiful falling from the sky. I couldn't stare up for to long because eventually some snow dagger would blind me. 

After I came down from the euphoric feeling of coming into contact with live snow (and de-frosted myself). I thought it was time to get down to business. I have had a little dilemma with my work VISA. Nothing to huge, there is just a restriction on it stating that I am not allowed to work in child care, teaching in primary/secondary school and agriculture (Because I never had a medical exam back home). So I rang the CIC (Citizen and Immigration Canada) spoke to Emily from Quebec and I basically asked her to spell out what I had to do, step by step. She was very helpful. 

My next step was to contact a CIC approved doctor, so I called around. The first 4 I spoke to could not fit me in for at least 2 weeks (Lazy bastards were on Spring Break). The 5th was a relieving breakthrough! The lady said they can fit me in on Thursday... YESSS! HOWEVER, the bloody exam costs over $200!!! Plus I had to go get 3 passport sized photos (I went and got those done for $13.42 + taxes. The minimum you could purchase was 8, so I have 5 left over if anyone wants me to sign it for them?)

I have my appointment and I am very, very relieved. It is not over yet, because he has to submit my results to CIC and I have to contact them to submit another costly and lengthy application just to APPLY for the restrictions to be lifted. But I believe it will be worth it, so I will pay whatever the price, fill out whatever forms necessary and call whoever needs to be called. Summer camp, here I come!!!!!

After I made a deliciously healthy lunch. If there were a show called "So you think you can cook" - I would be a definite contestant! (refer below)

My tummy was full, and I had a free day. What to do? One of the girls (Sara) I met in the Santa Monica hostel was in Vancouver and she contacted me via Facebook. Being so busy I was unsure of what to do! But I made the time and effort and went and caught up with her downtown. We explored, discussed travel plans and just hung out. 

We departed at approximately 17 30 and I caught the express train back to Coquitlam. This train is right next to the water and it is absolutely mesmerising! The landscape is truly magical and beautiful!

I hopped off the train and went to my second favourite store (followed by my first) Chapters; the bookstore and now Starbucks. I will be back in Starbucks in 16.5 hours for an interview with a Summer Camp head counsellor... Ooooo exciting!

It is 20 30 now, and I am immensely tired and feel drained. I think the sheer enjoyment of witnessing snow fall from the sky took it all out of me. Time for some tofu!

Good morning, and in case I don't see ya, good afternoon, good evening, and good night! (Which wise man said this? Ten points up for grabs!)

Tags: cold, gym, healthy, run, snow, truman show, visa

Comments

1

A: Jim Carrey
And wow you're skinny. Sorry I haven't been able to skype, I'm usually at uni or work all day and by the time I get home it's too late for you, send me an email or something

  Stink Mar 14, 2012 10:53 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about Canada

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.