Existing Member?

I love my life! Taking my time, soaking in the sights and always taking the road less traveled.

In and around LA

USA | Thursday, 1 March 2012 | Views [540] | Comments [2]

It feels like it has been a while since I wrote anything down. So I'm going to work my way backwards...

Last night I decided to go on an organised pub crawl with the hostel. It started off a bit lame, though I met some great people from the hostel (A Belgian, German, Kiwi and 5 other Australians... I can't escape!) 

Before starting the pub crawl I had gone walk about in the city because I had a shit load of energy. Why did I have so much energy? I think the adrenaline and excitement had died down and I the "jet lag" had caught up with me (I had slept for over an hour on the beach during the middle of the day). But prior to going for a walk, I actually went and visited Hollywood! Only because one of my roomies and another friend had suggested it, and one of them had hired a car. BUT I feel asleep in the car, so I have no real recollection of what Hollywood looked like, but I visited!

Now my memory is getting a bit hazy, before the drive/sleep to Hollywood I had dinner, which consisted of; bread, spinach leaves, tomato, avocado, potato and tofu. It was a big, ugly and delicious sandwich! 

Finally, Venice Beach rocks! I went there with my French friend in the arvo and I thought it was totally  cool. To many high people though. And every second store wants me to come in and get a medical check so I can purchase their weed.

So far, from what I have seen/experienced. California composes of homeless people, backpackers and stoners. You're at least one of the three, if not all!

- Time to go explore. 

Tags: hollywood, pub crawl, santa monica, stoners, venice

Comments

1

hello

  zap Mar 2, 2012 8:55 AM

2

Hey dad? How you doing?

  jamesshanks Mar 2, 2012 8:57 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.