Existing Member?

Europe June 2010 Western Europe short stay tour: Barcelona one week, then Paris, Rome, and Berlin in 5 days!

Modern day Berlin

USA | Tuesday, 22 June 2010 | Views [383]

Tues 22 June 2010

I´m now in the final stop on this European tour: Berlin! This city has a more modern day feel to it, and the people are really nice. One big difference is that I know someone here from a friend, so that has helped out tremendously. I can ask all kinds of questions and get info on the spot. I don´t feel that alone anymore :)

This morning, I´m doing a city bus sightseeing tour for 20 euros. The stops include Alexanderplatz, KaDeWe, Checkpoint Charlie, and the O2 arena among others. I´m going to try to go to the Pergamonmuseum too.

I can´t believe this is my last day in Europe. I´m happy with the sites I´ve been able to see and look forward to flying back to the US. Hopefully, I get to return to this place called Europe one day. But next time, it will not be so rushed and hopefully someone will accompany me. It´s the little things that help when traveling with someone, like watching each other´s stuff for a minute when going to get something, etc.

I´ll put up some more pics when I get home, as I´m a bit wary of plugging in my memory card on these internet cafe computers. The upload speeds are not that fast either.

Thanks to everyone who viewed this journal!

About jabs_was_here


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.