Existing Member?

Europe June 2010 Western Europe short stay tour: Barcelona one week, then Paris, Rome, and Berlin in 5 days!

IPPW thoughts...

USA | Thursday, 17 June 2010 | Views [286]

This week has been focused on the reason why I´m in Europe in the first place--the International Planetary Probe Workshop. I chaired my session today, and it went well. Why is it that I always seem to be the youngest presenter/chair person at these things? At least by the end of the day I get the respect from the more experienced folks who may think I´m just a kid :) That feels good and makes the preparation I put in worth it. Yo simplemente le hecho todas las ganas del mundo y dejo el resultado en las manos de Dios.

I´m going to spend some time tonight studying the subway routes I need to take in Paris and Rome. The people I´ve talked to here say Rome isn´t that big of a city and that there are only two metro lines there. I´m soooo glad I talked to people who have already been in Europe before coming. The tips and tricks I learned from them have come in handy. This internet cafe I´ve been using has computers that are kind of slow, and it takes a long time to upload even one photo, so that´s why I haven´t put up some more. I did get to go inside La Sagrada Familia yesterday, and it was simply mesmerizing. I loved it! I even got to go up to (almost) the top, and oh boy what a view of the city!


Tomorrow I say goodbye to Barcelona! I´ve enjoyed the experience here, but I think I´m ready to move on to see these other famous cities. I don´t know what it is, but I can´t wait for Rome. There´s just something special about it that grabs my attention. I´ve even dreamed about it twice this week. Dios quiera que me vaya bien, y que pueda vivir esta experiencia por todos ustedes que no pueden estar aqui conmigo.

About jabs_was_here


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.