Existing Member?

Europe June 2010 Western Europe short stay tour: Barcelona one week, then Paris, Rome, and Berlin in 5 days!

Barcelona city center

USA | Sunday, 13 June 2010 | Views [366]

Sun 23 June 2010

Made it this morning to the hotel where the probe workshop will be held. It is just a 10 minute subway ride to city center in Barcelona. I walked around in Plaça Catalunya a bit. For some reason (perhaps my lack of world travel gives me nothing else to compare it with), but it reminds me of Guadalajara a bit. I know, that sounds crazy, but there are street performers working to earn their daily bread, areas with grafitti, and people walking fast to their destinations; but at the same time, the buildings are amazing. I can tell there is a rich history behind them--hopefully, during the city tour I can learn more about them. I met a group of young Italian tourists, and they did warn me about pickpockets, so I´m being extra careful to keep a close eye on my stuff.

I took a few pictures of the Plaça, and now I´m going to go on the ¨Bus Turistic¨ city tour.

I am thinking of everyone back home. I´m going to give it my all at this conference, and we´ll see what happens. For anyone who would like to be here, but cannot: this experience is for you.

About jabs_was_here


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.