Existing Member?

Welcome to my life

Ageless Travel

SPAIN | Friday, 4 September 2015 | Views [291] | Scholarship Entry

The idea of making a documentary about Colombia fascinates me, and having a tutor to do this is an opportunity that I do not want to miss. So I have decided to present to World Nomads contest my first solo documentary work.

Despite I work professionally as a Tour guide in Menorca, my passion is the audio-visual world.

What I like most is traveling and telling stories, and I found out that documentary doctrine gives you the chance to immortalize people stories in a visual way.

I studied documentary filmmaking at the University, however I did not find the right moment to make of it my profession.

Actually, I am thrilled in thinking that there is a chance of being chosen. However, just the fact of having made this mini documentary has already been a worthy experience.

Ana Erce is an amazing traveler. She was one of the firsts Spanish stewardesses in 1948. She used her free flight tickets to help other people at developing countries: she lived with remote tribes, and she became more and more adventurous as she was getting older. Despite Ana has Alzheimer, her family still encourage her to live her dreams. I have never met such an inspiring traveler.

I must confess that it was a big challenge to make a documentary about her because sometimes the illness does not let her follow the interview, and she looses the focus. Her son, Guille, was a big help.

Thank you for organizing this type of contests. In my case it has motivated me to immortalize Ana Erce story.

Tags: 2015 Film Scholarship to Colombia

About isabelmartin


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Spain

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.