Existing Member?

Virginia - A humble life.

Virginia

CANADA | Thursday, 3 September 2015 | Views [281] | Scholarship Entry

I am your (perhaps not-so) typical struglling artist, with big hopes and dreams.

Born in the UK, currently living in Canada, I have had a fair experience with travelling. Having lived in China, Japan, and the US, amongst other places, I have a desire to encapsulate moments from other countries and cultures. (My youtube channel has some examples).

I have spent 8 years building up my skillset, collecting my filmmaking gear, and learning the ropes. I am lucky enough to be able to freelance in my chosen passion, digital videography, but my main goal is to be a 'Documentary Filmmaker'; the kind that is mentioned with Capital Letters rather than with friends in the pub. I believe now is the best time to take my filmmaking hopes to the next level.

As for my short documentary, I admire Virginia Pechawis. She is what I would consider to embody a true nomad and traveller. She is humble, does not boast about her adventures and attributes, but she has blazed her own trail; embracing new enviroments and goals, learning and growing. Her story is there to be told to all who have the patience and presence to listen.

I believe there are amazing stories yet to be told, and I would love to be able to connect these seldom heard narratives to a larger audience. I would be honored if you would give me the opportunity to embrace my goal and allow me to do this.

Tags: 2015 Film Scholarship to Colombia

About in-no-v8


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Canada

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.