Existing Member?

The Adventures of Quirky Finn A girl who laughs, talks, smiles and does the most random things in the world travels around her home corners and the entire world. Dreams and Thinks. These are the travels of a quirky Finn.

Graffiti Central

GERMANY | Friday, 13 June 2014 | Views [450]

Three days in Berlin.

 

Mentalness. I never realised how large Berlin was. I arrived on the Sunday and left on Wednesday which was nowhere near enough time. Arrived on Sunday evening and had my lovely friend Laura waiting me at the airport with a croissant - what a legend! We travelled to Potsdam, a city where Laura is doing her exchange which is about an hour away from Berlin. And the hour consist of about 4 train/bus/underground drives I might add.

 

Monday we went to Berlin to walk about, enjoy the heat and see the main attractions. The city is beautiful and the inconsistency in architecture caused by its tumultuous history gives it charisma. We attended a walking tour organised by Sandman tours - 10 € for 3,5 hours that took us around Berlin and showed its street art. I am a huge fan of street art so this tour was my idea, obviously. Laura enjoyed it still and we learned so much from our tour guide Sophie who knew the history of the street art scene of Berlin like her own pockets. After that we enjoyed some AMAZING doner and head back to Potsdam. 

 

Tuesday began with me spending my day in Potsdam. The city is amazing with its little churches, streets, cafes and funny little charity shop I found accidentally. The castle which is central to the city centre has massive grounds that must have hold hiding spots for few blue blooded damsels. A 21st century girl managed to spend her time marvelling at the peacefullness of the forest, the glimmer of the golden walls of the Chinese Tea Room and the exhaustingness of the steps that led to the castle itself. This was followed by a trip to the university where Laura studies and may I say if Aberdeen has gorgeous uni Potsdam's manages to outdo it by miles. The statues and fountains make the area incredibly beautiful and it must be hard to spend time in the library with those buildings surrounding you. Evening went by with currywurst and walking around Berlin. 

 

Wednesday was rainy and reminded me of Scotland. We arrived to Berlin with all of our luggage around midday and head straight to the East- Berlin museum to see what life was like during and after the WWII. The museum was packed with students but it was interesting place for a midday timetravel. After returning from our trip to the past 70 years we went for sushi. Sounds like a small event but for me, who has refused to try sushi after a bad experience in 2006, it was huge deal! And not going to lie, I enjoyed it. 

The day ended on a city tour and airport coffees until we reached the beautiful Helsinki at 8PM on Sunday. Three days flew by. Berlin I will definately return to someday. 

Tags: art, berlin, europe, experience, finland, graffiti, on the road, sushi, tours, travel

About hetahannaloviisa


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Germany

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.