Existing Member?

The Awesome Adventures of Hannah and Emma

We Hate Our Backpacks (but love our lives)

JAPAN | Monday, 14 September 2009 | Views [596] | Comments [6]

Our Backpacks are the worst.

Seriously.

They are incredibly heavy and awkward and cumbersome and make us sweaty and uncomfortable and we look like turtles. Also they are really heavy. Getting on the subway in Sendai today (rush hour at a busy Japanese subway station... bad call) Hannah's bag literally delayed the train because the doors kept closing on it.

But aside from that we are having a wicked time. Today we rode the bullet train (with a trio of hand-cuffed prisoners?) to Saporro and are staying at an awesome hostel and are really excited to check out the beer factory tomorrow! 

But seriously, those backpacks are the devil.

Comments

1

yeah...the handcuffed prisoners were a little weird. but seriously guys dont let that stop you from coming to this weird but awesome country...

apart from the backpack thing...we are still the same stylish people you know. rocking the travelling thing. and throughly enjoying the nightlife here. maybe too much...

  Hannah Sep 14, 2009 8:06 PM

2

and by stylish she means rocking skinny jeans and running shoes, three day old t-shirts and no make-up.... really keeping up with the japanese fashionistas...

  hannahandemma Sep 14, 2009 8:11 PM

3

Here we are on a Sunny day. Grandpa, Grandma and Dad Burleton all united, delighted to read your Bloc and your e mails.
Love from us all.

  Burletons in Surrey Sep 14, 2009 10:31 PM

4

Lovely to read your blog.feels a wee bit like I'm travelling with you :-)Do you really need such a bulky backpack ? may I suggest fewer t-shirts and a strong perfume to cover the pong lol!
Enjoy and stay zen in the crowds.

  sheila and gang Sep 15, 2009 3:13 AM

5

Hannah and Emma!
You guys sound like you are having an amazing time! The back pack troubles are hilarious (but maybe not at the time). :) Have a fantastic time and thanks for the continuous updates...I am so happy to hear how things are going and to know that you are both safe and having lots of fun.
Love

  Aly Orwell Sep 15, 2009 4:40 AM

6

What do mean? With that hip support - those things are Greeeeat! lol I'm totally kidding! : ) This blog is great! What a fantastic way to stay in touch!!!

  Mel Gauthier Sep 15, 2009 9:34 AM

About hannahandemma


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Japan

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.