Existing Member?

Second Honeymoon

Day12 Driving to Oakhurst (Yosemite National Park)

USA | Thursday, 3 September 2009 | Views [233]

We had a very early start, left the Grand canyon at 5am. After a stop back at the Car Hire place to swap cars (first one had busted fuel gauge) we hit the road again around 11am. Vegas is about 4 1/2hr drive from the Grand Canyon. We decided to go through Death Valley, the hottest place on earth and they were not kidding, it was 110F at the bottom. Just a big valley of nothing, but there was a hotel there, I have no idea as to why someone would want to stay there in the first place...

 After many more hours driving we got to Tioga Pass, the east side of Yosemite Park, only a couple more hours to Oakhurst or so we thought..another national park fee and we were on our way. Yosemite is awesome, tall pine forests and winding roads and winding roads and of course some more winding roads. Simona said it reminded her of where she grew up in Romania. It was a very picturesque place. We stopped at a couple of view points, with the idea that we would return tomorrow. We finally got out of the park around 7pm and into our motel by 8:30pm.

 So after a 15hr drive, you can imagine how buggered we were...went to sleep very easily that night.

About grahams_on_tour


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.