Existing Member?

Second Honeymoon

Day 8 Touring the Strip

USA | Sunday, 23 August 2009 | Views [260] | Comments [1]

Our day started a bit later than normal with our big day rafting taking it's toll on us.

We wandered down to the Paris Casino for a higly recommended breakfast. The buffet line was huge so we opted for a more traditional cafe. Which costs about the same with a higher quality of food.

  After breakfast we started walking and walking and walking..It is bloody hot here and the sun really beats down hard on the strip. I'm guessing it was floating around the 40C mark again today. A lot of Casinos are interlinked so walking on the strip can be minimised, problem being walking through the gaming lounges Simona can hear her favourite slot from at least 50m away..she even hums the music whilst walking along.

  We visited (in no particular order) Paris, The Venetian, Flamingos, The Palazzo, Bellagio, Monte Carlo, New York New York, Excalibur and The Luxor. The gondolas at the Venetian are great and it would have to be my favourite casino for looks and quality of shops. Plus you can get the best coffee in Vegas there, real Italian coffee, not cheap yankee coffee that seems to be everywhere else, even the starbucks don't cut it for quality or taste.

  At the Luxor we saw Criss Angel with our cheap time share tickets, I was so looking forward to a great show, but was bitterly disappointed. The show is in conjunction with Circue De Solei (or however you spell it) with a lot of dancing and not much extreme magic. All in all, Criss was a part of the show for only 30-40% of it. All I can say is that I'm glad we didn't pay top dollar for the tickets. A really big let down. After the show we experienced our first Vegas buffet and yes, what everyone says is true, they are huge!! We went to the MGM as our hotel shuttle bus drops off and picks up there. 

So another day ends in Vegas...they are predicting storms this weekend

Comments

1

hi guys we have been really enjoying your journal updates - never been to Vegas but it sounds extreme and over-the-top in every way and would love to see it one day. Have fun and keep writing (we are living vicariously thru your holiday!)

  El n Sam Aug 29, 2009 9:16 PM

About grahams_on_tour


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.