Existing Member?

Second Honeymoon

Day 2 Sight Seeing in Hollywood

USA | Sunday, 16 August 2009 | Views [217]

Day 2

After eventually waking up too late for breakfast and with the sun and almost clears skies of LA above us, we wandered down to Hollywood Boulevard just after lunch. (2mins or 1 Block away in Yankee Speak).

 The Premiere of some kids movie called Shorts cause havoc up and down the boulevard with roads and footpaths shut and people everywhere wanting to take pics of some child stars.

 We did the walk of fame, admiring the plentyful Stars i'm still sure we missed a few. There are just too many to mention, but we have taken note of the more memorible ones. We saw Michael Jackson twice, even though he died a month or so ago, but hey, this is Hollywood, anything can happen.

 The tourist trap that is the Big Red Open Top Bus was next on our agenda, we finally tracked it down and boarded. Saw half of Hollywood and Beverly Hills. With a trip down Rodeo Drive. Simona wants go back there tomorrow for a little bit of shopping to buy a pen or hanky. 

 We changed tourist buses and then headed down to Santa Monica for a look at the beach. Many pics later and an almost broken down bus, we made it back to Hollywood. The Hollywood sign, Paramount and CBS Studios rounded off our afternoon..

So it was back to our hotel for some more whiskey and beers by the pool as the sun went down on our first real day in LA.

P.S. Simona is 90% sure she saw Eva Longoria speed past in a Porsche, so does that count as a celebrity spotting?

About grahams_on_tour


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.