Existing Member?

Adventures of the Fittons

Friday 23rd Septembe 11r, Agrum Bay, Sri Lanka

SRI LANKA | Friday, 23 September 2011 | Views [516] | Comments [1]

I stare at amazement at his ears, the ones that belong to our taxidriver that is. I have never seen such hairy ears before. It sticks out 5 cm from his head and makes him look like a startrek figure. He is extremely friendly and makes us feel at ease, which is great as we just arrived at yet another strange country, on our trip around the world. 

We were in Holland for a week for the wedding of my brother Coen and his wife Madelon.We had a great time meeting everyone again. And went over to Ireland for a week as well. It was good to see that we still love Kinsale as much as we remember.

We just arrived in Agrum Bay in Sri Lanka, after a journey with some obsticals. To start with a stewardess refusing to let us on the aeroplane as we had no ticket out of Sri Lanka, followed with a booked out train and finishing with a crazy taxi drive true half of Sri Lanka to get to our destination at 03.00 AM to find the hotel closed, so we had to camp in the van for the night, which was remarkably comfortable. But we are here. Arugrum bay, aka surf paradise. there is just one problem: there is no swell. But thank God, they do have comfy beds and a great tree house room with a stunning view.

 

Comments

1

Allememaggies, what happened with your trainticket and your hostelreservation? It was all confirmed right? I thought you did have a ticket out of the country. How are you going to leave Sri Lanka? Are there boats to India now? I hope your further travels will go a little smoother. The treehouse sounds great.

  Sien Sep 26, 2011 7:44 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about Sri Lanka

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.