Existing Member?

running away Traveling south east asia, china, australia, new zealand and america. wherever the mood takes me!

aoife leaves

THAILAND | Thursday, 30 October 2008 | Views [898] | Comments [1]

me and aoife sad that she is going

me and aoife sad that she is going

next morning we checked out and left our bags at the hotel till aoife had to go to the airport. Aoife had some shopping to do, so I went around with her while she shopped. She picked up some cool stuff, I picked up some big round earrings I thought they were nice. I have never really worn big earrings before. After shopping aoife wanted to get a manicure and pedicure before she left so I left her to do that while I went to look for a hotel for me to stay in. I couldn't stay in the one we were staying in already as it was too expensive for one person. So I walked around and went off to a side street off khao san road. I found a nice hotel for one person they had a cheap enough fan room but they said it was taken so I took the air-conditioned room hoping I could change to the fan room the next day. So I went back to the old hotel to pick up my bag and I brought it to my new hotel. It was strange to be putting my bag into a room by myself. I got used to aoife always being there beside me. Well I left my bag there and went back to the old hotel to meet aoife as it was time for us to get her to the airport.

They stuff loads of us onto a mini van but it got to the airport really quick, it was great. We went to check aoife in and we were hanging around. Aoife went for a last cigarette, we took our last Thailand photos of each other and together. Which are quite funny. And before I knew it was was saying goodbye to her at the security gate. I couldn't stop the tears from running down my face. I'm actually crying now as well as I write this. I wasn't ready for her to go. We had some really good times. Even if her sense of direction was crap. Ha ha. Of course there was times I could kill her and her kill me. But I think we hid those times really well. Ha ha.

I watched her walk through till I couldn't see her anymore. And I was on my own. What do I do now? The feeling was really daunting. I wandered to the bus stop to get the bus back to khao san and was for the first time alone.

The bus back took forever as of course it was rush hour. And when I got there I didn't want to go back to an empty bedroom, so instead I went on-line. I have to say it was the best thing. I don't know if everyone knew I was saying goodbye to aoife that day and just happened to be at home, well except mags. Either way it was the best medicine. Deirdre was the funniest. She gave me the best advice. She said I had to become like tom hanks in castaway, where he name the volleyball Wilson. I just had to name my Backpack and I could cuddle up to it at night. Ha ha.

Skype is a great thing. You get to see who your talking to. Especially when you get to see my young nieces and nephews and you get to wave to them. When I was talking to mags and mom one time, I could mags flying Owen across the screen, it was really funny. So that day I got to speak to loads of my family, which helped me a lot. I think I took over the internet cafe as I was in there nearly 3 hours talking to family and friends. But the story of my backpack. Deirdre came back with the name Sean. Which was brilliant, so now I'm travelling with Sean, I'm no longer on my own. So I can tell people, “yeah I have a travelling partner, Sean, he is just tired and lying down” also “Sean was real frisky today, he just wouldn't get off my back while we were walking down the road” Ha ha. So now you know who I'm on about when I mention “Sean”.

I also got to say happy birthday to Dad as it was his birthday the next day. I knew I wouldn't be near the internet for it because I was meeting some couchsurfers in bangkok for halloween.

I also got to talk to Susanne that night. She saw me with my big earrings and said I looked like knacker so I haven't worn them since. My idea for Halloween so I didn't have to spend any money, was to wear Sean and go as a backpack. Susanne said he was in for a rough ride ahead of him. Ha ha.

So it wasn't to bad going back to the hotel, the worst thing would have been sitting in it all night on my own I think, but instead I ended up sitting in an internet cafe speaking to people I love. Man I am getting corny. Ha ha isn't the internet a great thing.

Tags: saying goodbye

 

Comments

1

Weep!

  Aoife Dec 9, 2008 7:34 AM

About glimmerwing


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.